Thursday 8 March 2012

HKCs 1-3

For those of you who ever wondered, here are the HKCs (HunterKillerCats)





The small fluffy one is HKC1, Senior Cat, now 16.  I brought her home from a farm with her (now departed) sister when she was just a few weeks old.
The larger tabby is HKC2, now about 13.  I wanted a Maine Coon and couldn't afford one.  However, a friend of a friend in Buckinghamshire owned a siamese queen who had escaped and been Seen To by a vicar's Maine Coon tom ... and HKC2 was one of 6 resultant offspring.  I've always referred to HKC2 as a Tycoon and his mother as a GI Bride. He can take out full-grown squirrels, pheasants, weasels, rabbits, rats and on one hideous occasion also a small snake.  He's steadied down in his mature years, thank goodness.
The ginger job is HKC3 - of indeterminate age.  He walked in one Christmas nearly 6 years ago and we hadn't the heart to turn him out.  He and HKC2 had just one rather bloody-furry fight and thereafter settled down together.  Bit of a boys' club really ...

Just to prove they like one another:





Humour me, just one more Cat Photo and then I'll let you off the hook.

This is HKC1 sunning herself:



OK, that's it, thank you for looking.  Now you know who I'm going on about when HKCs 1-3 come into conversation.

I'm saving Hoss for another day!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for your comment on my Parsnips!Must try to find a market.
    And thanks for a cat-fix - we are now mogless and dogless, and a little fur in the life makes things so much more interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww, C, they make a lovely threesome

    Debbie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look cute. I wish I could have a cat again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely photos - particularly love the last one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the last picture - she really looks as though she'd live up to the HKC title in that.

    ReplyDelete