Saturday 30 July 2011

Nerdy Numbers 2

Yesterday, after I'd reported my early morning total,  my counter at 11am showed 2,245.

I hadn't been walking backwards.  The counter had somehow pressed against something solid (I blame Hoss) and reset itself.  Somewhere I lost a few hundred steps but at the end of the day, even with the reset hiccup and NOT adding in any extras as those lost ones, I'd still done 14,522 steps.

Which, for the nerdy part of my brain that wants to know, says that my apparently sedentary Friday was just about as active as my Day Off Saturday.

So if the recommended number of steps a day is this 10,000 and I'm already doing well over that, I'll need to double this figure to halve mine - if I'm ever to get into a size 10 again.

Hmmn.   I'll think about it.

4 comments:

  1. Forget counting steps, just have a brisk twenty to thirty minute walk a day and cut down on the carbs especially bread. Exercise does help but to lose weight you have to eat less. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. True about having to eat less but just think of the good all that walking is doing for your bones.
    Keep up the good work (and don't put out the crisps at the next book club meeting)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think pedometers are a good idea as they remind you that walking a bit further than usual for any reason is actually a positive thing healthwise, rather than a time wasting inconvenience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...it's a step in the right direction.

    Everything in moderation - including exercise!

    ReplyDelete