Saturday 30 July 2011

Nerdy Numbers

Hoss has got his way, as he so often does: I've joined the 'Go For It' challenge being run at present by the NHS in conjunction with the British Heart Foundation. I only wanted the bloomin' pedometer but my contact on the MotherShip said I had to register for the whole package, so I did. 

There's a whole heap of healthy-living information, a free T shirt (will I be wearing that? No, HKC3 is now sleeping on it and if he turns round one more time, he'll wake up wearing it) and a cute little pedometer.

I clipped said pedometer onto my waistband yesterday morning at 05.53am (not that I'm obsessive or anything) and forgot about it until 07.49 when I arrived at work: 4,752 steps, and I'd driven in.     

The calling system failed, so I had to walk from my office to the waiting room to collect my early patients: 50 steps each way.  And that morning I saw 22 people.  You can flick your own abacus.

Feet off floor at bedtime, 14,758 steps taken.

Still full of enthusiasm this morning, I reset the counter, rolled out of bed and started again.  By 07.06am I'd taken 5,129 steps - Hoss is currently living just under a mile away and I mucked out his field while I was there.

He gave me one of his Looks: "What's this all about then?"

"Your fault." (step-step-side-step-bend-scoop-muck-dumpinbarrow-step-step-step)

"Have I got to wear one of those?"

"Yup. It'll be on me when we go to Saturday Club." (step-scoop-dump-step-step-sneeze-step)

"Bleshoo!" (nuzzle-nuzzle-nuzzle) "Lost any weight, then?"

"Hoss, tell me after our ride." (step-step-step etc)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds interesting. Can anyone join in? If so, how?

    ReplyDelete